This article covers the following topics:
About manually creating a user
This article will guide you step-by-step in the creation of a new account on your portal.
Please bear in mind that only specific roles allow you to add users on the platform.
How to manually create a user
- Select Employees from the USER MANAGEMENT section in the sidebar and click Create
- You will be prompted with the Create account ( ) form.
- On the 1. General Information tab of the form you will have to fill in the following information:
Label Description First Name This field should contain the first name of the employee you are adding the account for. Last Name
This field should contain the last name of the employee you are adding the account for.
This field should contain the email address of the employee you are adding the account for.NB: The email address must be a unique value, the system doesn't allow two accounts with the same email address.
This field should contain the unique identifier for this account in the system.
If you have SSO integration, this field will have to be populated with the SSO name. To know more about SSO, please read here.
Access rights within the platform are governed by pre-defined user roles.NB: All the above fields are mandatory, you will not be able to proceed with adding the account if you don't fill them out.
- This will bring you to the 2. Attributes tab
- In this form you will be asked to fill in the following information:
Label Description *attribute(s) name*
You will find the list of existing attributes that have been added to your portal.
Attributes are to be considered as criterion that may be used as scoping values for groups.
- When the required information has been added, click on SUBMIT to add the account.
If attributes are used to scope dynamic groups in a campaign (and a welcome email has been added), as soon as the account has been created the welcome email will be triggered and sent to the new account.